You might face a problem while downloading and installing the McAfee security product. The download can get cancelled by stating the error 7305 or else the given below message:
‘Unable to Continue Installation. We’re having trouble completing your Mcafee
software-installation because of this error:12152.’
‘Something went wrong with the Installation. We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software.’
Are you facing the same problem? Apply the fixes mentioned in this article.
The reason behind this error
Many people assume that this error happens because of poor internet connectivity. It is completely wrong. The correct reason is that the error 12152 or 7305 occur due to issue with the McAfee download servers. Such as, the download server can get busy by customers trying to download product updates.
- In simple words, the issue is with the McAfee download servers.
- The solution to your problem is that you need to wait for half an hour and then continue with the download. If it doesn’t work out, then try it after some more time.
- Prefer downloading a new copy of MCPR before every use. This makes sure that you keep a new version, and this results in quickly recognizing the newer McAfee products.
- MCPR deletes the elements required for reinstallation.
- Don’t forget to do a restart.
- Firstly, you need to save every open file.
- Then, you need to close all programs.
- After that, install the MCPR tool.
- Next, do double-click MCPR.exe.
- Note that if you get any security warning, then you’ll get the option ‘Yes,’ ‘Continue,’ or ‘Run’ according to the version of Windows.
- Then, have a look at the McAfee Software Removal display:
- Next, press Next.
- After that, press on ‘Agree’ for accepting the End User License Agreement.
- Then, have a look at Security Validation display:
- You need to write the characters the same as they have been displayed.
- Then, press on Next.
- As soon the process gets over, you shall get any one of the given below messages. Press the option whichever you get.
- Removal Complete- If you get this option, restart your device.
- Cleanup Unsuccessful-If you get this option, then install the McAfee product one more time.
- Lastly, give a try for installing McAfee product one more time.
Congratulations! You have been able to install the McAfee antivirus with the help of this blog.
The problem discussed above is just an issue for new installation because you don’t get any safety till you download the product. If you want to upgrade the present McAfee software, the computer is still secured by the presently installed version.
Compatible Windows Versions
The McAfee Windows protection software is completely compatible on the given below Windows versions:
- MS Windows 10
- MS Windows 8 and 8.1
- MS Windows 7
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.