Samsung Smart Switch allows you to transfer images, videos, files, contacts, or app from your old phone to a new one. It also permits you to back up and restore content. However, you can use Smart Switch for installing the latest updates of software. Here are the steps mentioned below to know how to use the Samsung Smart Switch.
Steps to Use Samsung Smart Switch for Transferring Content
1. Open the Google Play Store on both of your devices.
2. Find the Smart Switch application by entering it in the search box.
3. Press on the Install option to use the Samsung Smart Switch application.
4. After opening the Smart Switch application, you need to follow the steps listed below:
• Open the Samsung Smart Switch App
1. Go to the application.
2. Go through the guidelines mentioned on the screen.
3. You need to agree on the terms and conditions.
• Setting up the transfer
1. You have to open the Smart Switch on both of your devices for setting up the transfer.
2. Make sure that both the devices are kept closer to each other.
3. You should transfer content on that place where there is no noise.
• Pair the devices
1. For pairing the devices, you have to keep both the devices closer to each other, and the distance should be of 50 cm.
2. Press on the Connect option located at the end of the display when you are opening both the devices.
• Transferring your contents
1. Once you have paired both the devices, you can start transferring the contents from an old device to the new one.
2. You will get the menu list of all the data such as apps, images, videos, contacts, and other data which you wish to transfer.
3. Choose which type of data you wish to transfer by pressing on the box.
4. After that, press on the Transfer option.
Steps to Use Samsung Smart Switch for Backing up the Data
• Go to the Smart Switch application on the system.
• Press on the Backup option.
• Press on the Allow option located in the Allow Access menu.
• Once you have completed the backing up process, you will get the data summary on the screen.
• Once you have got this, press on the OK button.
Steps to Use Samsung Smart Switch for Restoring the Data
• Pair the smartphone to the PC.
• Open the Samsung Smart Switch on the PC.
• Press on the Restore option.
• Press on the Allow option to start the restoring process.
• Once you have completed the restoration procedure, you will get the menu list of all data which you have restored.
• After that, press on the OK button.
Dave Hogan is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.